Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Ratatouille

I must stop with the daily blogs; I'll run out of recipes! I shall have to start including snippets of my actual life! I was thinking I might show a few of my 1,500 cal meal plans in future blogs, using a few of my recipes and favourite breakfast and snack combinations. We shall see!

Credit for this recipe must go to my mum, she makes the world's best ratatouille. It is entirely delicious! This can be a side dish, or a main served with some bulgur wheat and chickpeas.

Ratatouille
Serves: 4

1 aubergine
2 courgettes
1 yellow pepper
1 red pepper
400g tomatos, canned
3 cloves garlic
4 g basil, fresh
2 g parsley, fried
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil

Chop the veg into fairly chunky pieces and roast with the garlic cloves and oil in oven for 30/40 mins, but keep an eye on them, the cooking time varies depending on how big the pieces are.
Blend the tomatoes, herbs, vinegar, a few of the roasted vegetables and all the roasted garlic with a hand blender, then put onto a low heat.
Add the roasted veg and leave to simmer for a while.

116 calories per serving, 5.1g F, 0.6g SF, 19.3g C, 8.0g S, 7.1 Fb, 4.1g P

No comments:

Post a Comment