Friday, 3 September 2010

Baking Powder Pizza

This is an absolutely yummy pizza. I wasn't sure it would work, but I didn't have any yeast and I fancied a pizza. I have included some of the toppings I have on my pizza but the nutritional information is only for the pizza base. I shall post the tomato sauce tomorrow. Just add the calories for whichever cheese you use and the toppings. I usually have a whole pizza for myself as I am not on a low-calorie diet but the pizzas are quite large and half a pizza and a side salad would be perfect for one person who is trying to eat at a defecit. These are fine to freeze if you make extra. Freeze them after cooking, or refridgerate a prepared un-cooked pizza for up to 2 days. Pictures will follow next time I make these.

Pizza
Serves: 8 (4 pizzas)

330 g flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
75 g margarine
200 ml milk

Suggested Toppings:
  • Sweetcorn
  • Peppers
  • Onion
  • Mushroom
  • Olives
  • Sundried Tomatoes
  • Cheese: Cheddar, Mozzarella, Feta, Blue cheese
  • Spinach or Rocket
  • Meat if you fancy it
  • Courgette
  • Aubergine
  • etc.

Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and margarine together with your fingers until it forms fine crumbs.
Add the milk and combine to form a dough. Divide the dough unto 4 balls, cover and refridgerate for 10 minutes or until you need them.
Roll out the balls as flat as possible (the flatter the better) on a floured surface then transfer onto baking paper.
Add the sauce and toppings you desire and then bake in a pre-heated oven at 150 for 15 minutes, then increase to 180 and bake for a further 10. If you have a combi-oven, you can turn the grill on for the last few minutes if the pizza is not "browned" enough.

231 calories per serving, 8.5g F, 1.6g SF, 33.2g C, 1.4g S, 1.1g Fb, 5.2g P

No comments:

Post a Comment